Global Privacy Principles
The Nestlé Singapore Group, comprising Wyeth Nutrition (Singapore) Pte. Limited (including Nespresso Singapore), Wyeth Nutrition (Singapore) Pte. Limited and CPW Singapore (Pte) Ltd (collectively, "us", "we", or "our") respects your right to privacy when you communicate (online or offline) with us through our various websites, mobile applications, offline programs and events. We have therefore developed this Privacy Notice to inform you how we collects, store, use, share, process and protect the personal data about our consumers (“you”). It also tells you how you can access and update your personal data and make certain choices about how your personal data is used.
By using our websites, applications or by otherwise giving us your personal data you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use our websites or applications or give us any of your personal data. We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. Any changes will be posted in this Privacy Notice and material changes will be prominently notified on the respective website or application this Privacy Notice applies to or will be otherwise communicated to you prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your information may be used.
If you have any requests concerning your personal data or any queries with regard to this Privacy Notice please contact our Data Protection Officer at
1. What does this Privacy Notice apply to?
This Privacy Notice applies to personal data that we collect from you or receive from third parties or our affiliates anywhere in the world about our consumers. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information outside of our possession, control or power.
Please note we may combine personal data that we collect via one method (e.g., a website) with personal data that we collect via another method (e.g., an offline event). We do this to get a more complete view of our consumers, which, in turn, allows us to serve you better and with more customization.
This Privacy Notice applies to all personal data collected by us including via:
- Nestle websites, including any consumer-directed websites operated by Nestlé and websites that we run on third party social networks;
- Nestle mobile sites and applications, including smartphone applications;
- Nestle text messaging programs;
- Offline registration cards which we may collect from consumers by post-mail, during in-store demonstrations, or other in-person events;
- Call centres;
- Third parties, including affiliate companies, joint venture partners or third party co-sponsors who may collect personal data from consumers and share consumer personal data with us from time to time;
- Other sources (e.g. third party data aggregators, third party companies that Nestle acquires)
2. What information do we collect?
Personal data (as used in this Privacy Notice) refers to any data, whether true or untrue, that can be used to identify you on its own or in combination with other data that we have or have access to.
We strive to limit the amount of personal data we collect and store to that which is reasonably necessary to provide you the relevant services.
Some of the types of personal data we may collect include:
- Personal contact information, including personal information that you give us about someone else (for example, if you provide a friend’s email address for a tell-a-friend program)
- Account login information
- Demographic information (e.g. date of birth, age, etc)
- Technical computer information such as your computer’s IP address, operating system type, and web browser type, typically through the use of automated technologies such as cookies and web beacons, as well as mobile device data such as your phone’s unique device ID, if you access a Nestlé website or application via a mobile device such as a smartphone
- Website usage information
- Consumer feedback
- Consumer-generated content
- Social network information, including basic account information (e.g., name, email address, gender, birthday, current city, profile picture, user ID, list of friends, etc.) and any other additional information or activities that you permit the third party social network to share with us
- Payment information, including your credit card details, billing name and address
- Other information which we might need to collect for a specific Nestlé form, feature, or other service that you use or request.
3. For what purposes do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data for the purposes set out below. Please note that not all of the uses below will be relevant to every consumer.
- Administrative communications from us, such as order confirmations and notifications about your account activities (e.g., account confirmations, password changes, etc.)
- Account maintenance, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account
- Customer service
- Product improvement and customization
- Consumer engagement
- Contests and other promotions
- Marketing communication (including advertisements) on our websites and other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member, by matching activities or information collected on our websites with those collected on third party sites (“Targeted Advertising”)
- Third party social networking, which may be integrated in our sites or applications for the purposes of running contests, allowing you to share content with friends, etc.
- Website improvement and personalization
- Website community features such as sharing pictures, videos, artwork or other messages or content;
- Website viral features, which allow you to easily share certain news, product information, promotions, wish list items, or other content with family members and friends (typically using names and email addresses)
- Order fulfilment
- Other general purposes (e.g. website security, internal research, etc)
By using any of the features and services described in Question 1 above, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure (as the case may be) of your personal data as set out in this Privacy Notice.
4. How do we protect your personal data?
We take all reasonable steps, including implementing reasonable technical and organisational measures, to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data collected through the various methods described in this Privacy Notice.
5. What happens if you refuse to provide your personal data?
If you choose not to submit any personal data when requested, you may not be able to participate in certain activities and personalized features and may limit the services and special offers we can provide you. For example, if you refuse to share your email address, you will not be able to receive any of our newsletters or otherwise register on our websites or use our applications. However, to simply browse our websites and learn more about our products, you do not need to give us any personal data.
6. Who do we disclose or transfer your personal data to and why?
We may share your personal data with our affiliated companies anywhere in the world including our subsidiary companies, business units, and our parent company Nestle S.A and companies in which Nestlé S.A. has control through either direct or indirect ownership (collectively our affiliated companies”), and third parties such as service providers, agents and contractors who provide administrative and business support. We may also share your personal data with co-sponsors and promotion partners. This may involve, in some cases, a transfer of your personal data outside Singapore.
We may disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by law, or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, to respond to any claims, or to protect the safety or rights of Nestlé, its customers, or the public. We may also disclose your personal data in the course of a business asset transaction involving us.
7. How can you access, modify, or make other choices regarding the use of your personal data?
The following outlines the choices you have with respect to the collection and use of your personal data by us.
- You have the option not to share any of your personal data with us. However, if you choose this option, you will be limited in the activities and features we can provide you, as mentioned in Question 5 above.
- If you do not want to receive newsletters, announcements, or other communications and/or services from a Nestlé website or brand, please visit the appropriate "Unsubscribe" section(s) on our website or application and amend your preferences.
- Along with every e-mail marketing communication sent to you, we provide you the opportunity to discontinue receiving future marketing communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the email.
- Should you wish to discontinue receiving telephone marketing messages from us, please visit the appropriate "Unsubscribe" section(s) on our website or application and amend your preferences.
- You can review or update any personal data that we may have collected about you for our general website and application registration. To do this, please contact our Data Protection Officer at privacy@SG.nestle.com.
If any of the mechanisms set forth above is not available or you wish to make a different request, please contact our Data Protection Officer at privacy@SG.nestle.com.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We may store your personal data for as long as it is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). We may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after you stop using Nestlé Singapore services or stop using this website or application.
9. Do we link to other third party sites?
Our websites and applications may provide links to, or features from, other third party sites (such as independent e-commerce sites and third party social networks). If you link to or use such third party sites or features, you do so at your own risk. We do not control and are not responsible for the content or practices of any third party site, application, or feature.
10. How can you contact us?
If you have any questions, complaints, or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or our information collection practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer at privacy@SG.nestle.com.
Copyright © 2013 Nestle Singapore Group