You will be redirected to one of our partner sites. Please make sure you read their terms and conditions. Wyeth is not liable for our partner sites
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
If you are searching for a product that can help supplement your nutritional needs during and after your pregnancy, you have come to the right website. Read on and we will show you the importance of nutritional supplementation and how S-26® MAMA can help you achieve your nutrient requirements while supporting appropriate weight gain with less fat.
A healthy pregnancy and breastfeeding begins with balanced nutrition
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, your needs for nutrients like DHA, Choline , Folic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Vitamins & Minerals are greater as maternal health sets the foundation for your baby’s development.
Therefore, you need to eat enough of the right combinations of nutrients to meet the increased nutritional needs of both you and your baby.
DHA & Choline, which are found in breastmilk, are important for pregnancy1,2,3. Supplementation with DHA has been found to increase the scores of the Mental Developmental Index (MDI), a childhood intelligence test.4 A mother’s choline status during the first half of pregnancy is associated with her child’s cognitive development.5
In addition, essential nutrients important during pregnancy and breastfeeding includes:
- Folic Acid - helps to maintain the growth and development of the foetus.
- Iron - required for formation of red blood cells, which carry oxygen to all parts of the body.
- Calcium - supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
- Prebiotic supplements such as Oligofructose can help increase intestinal bifidobacteria to help maintain a healthy digestive system.6
Unfortunately, dietary studies shown that many women have dietary intakes below the recommended intake of many nutrients. Simply increasing your food intake may not be the answer as food quality is more important than quantity. The key to meeting these increased nutritional needs is to eat a healthy and well-balanced diet, while maintaining appropriate weight gain.
S-26® MAMA is a low-fat milk designed to make this intake easier by supplying a significant portion of nutrient requirement for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
Pregnancy is a beautiful journey, make it even better with S-26® MAMA
Start giving yourself and your precious one the right combination of nutrients.
S-26®MAMA with new improved WYETH BIOFACTORS SYSTEM® helps provide good maternal nutrition important for both you and your child through the stages of:
* compared to full cream milk; ** Compared to previous formula
- Koletzko B, Cetin I, Brenna JT. Dietary fat intakes for pregnant and lactating women. Br J Nutr. 2007;98(5):873 – 877
- Zeisel SH. Nutritional importance of choline for brain development. J Am Coll Nutr. 2004 Dec;23(6 Suppl):621S - 626S.
- NRC. Dietary Reference Intakes for Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, and Choline . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 1998:390 – 422.
- Birch E, Garfield S, Hoffman D, Uauy R and Birch D. A Randomized Controlled Trial of Early Dietary Supply of Long-Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Mental Development in Term Infants. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2000 Mar;42(3):174-81.
- Wu BTF, Dyer RA, King DJ, Richardson KJ, Innis SM. Early Second Trimester Maternal Plasma Choline and Betaine Are Related to Measures of Early Cognitive Development in Term Infants. PLoS One. 2012;7(8):e43448
- ILSI Europe. International Life Science Institute Europe. Prebiotics and the Gut Microbiota. 2013: 16-19.
This article was helpful for 0 moms.
Was this article helpful for you? Thank you for your opinion.
With over 100 years of research and development, today we offer a growing family of nutritional products with our unique WYETH BIOFACTORS SYSTEM®.
Cold Storage Redemption – SKIPHOP Owl Night Light, and 2D1N Staycation Lucky Draw
Have a look on our interesting articles and great recipes to find out what your child needs.
Check Latest Promotions
Check this space for the latest promotional updates and offers!